I have heard that HealthKit can be used to gather health-related data using the iPhone’s sensors in real-time, and I know that there are several third-party wearable biometric sensors that can interface with iOS and are supposed to be compatible with HealthKit (but it’s not clear to me whether that means they’re compatible with HealthKit itself or just the Health app). What I want to know is: does the HealthKit API provide a (relatively simple) way to access data from these external sensors in real-time as they're coming in? Or is it really only designed to do that for sensors that are already in the iOS device itself?
- IOS – Has there been an end date established for the Maps app on iOS less than iOS 6
- IOS – Will generic lightning cables and the “authentication chip” present in the genuine cables work with iOS 8
- IOS – View iOS Health data externally
- What Apple Watch sleep tracking app uses minimal battery power and is fully compatible with the iOS Health app
- IOS – Fishy moves at night
- IOS – How does HealthKit calculate activeEnergyBurned and other variables