If I have a British recipe that lists "1 tin chopped plum tomatoes," how many ounces is that? In British English, does "tin" usually refer to a specific size? In the US, cans generally come in 14 and 28oz sizes – which one is likely closest to what the recipe means?
- Translating cooking terms between US / UK / AU / CA / NZ
- How many milliliters is a “pinch?”
- Baking – Why are baking measurements such nice round numbers
- Cake – Too big tin for meringue cake recipe. How to solve
- How many cups is 8 whole peaches equivalent to
- What German product is the equivalent of cream in a recipe from the United States
- How many green onions are in a bunch