I currently monitor an instance of MySQL for slow queries. We have a mysql user dedicated to backups which performs a mysqldump, but the mysqldump gets logged as a slow query.
How can I set the system up to prevent the mysqldump from ever being being seen as slow query?
Restrictions given by security team:
- The backup user can only have select
- The backup can run anywhere from once a day to hourly and the process will be applied to varying sizes of databases (so I can't just speed up the process)
- Only the backup user can be used
- OS: Ubuntu 14.04
- MySQL: Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.38, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.3
- MySQLdump: Ver 10.13 Distrib 5.5.38, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64)