Name of ForeignKey Back Relation

foreign keyrelational-theory

Table detail has a ForeignKey to table master.

How to call the back relation?

master has ??? to table detail

I could not find a canonical word in wikipedia or other resources.

Best Answer

In the terminology used to to talk about conceptual design of database, this is called inverse relationship. So you could say:

master has an inverse relationship with table detail.

See for instance: Fundamentals of database systems, by R. Elmasri, S. Navathe, Addison Wesley, ISBN: 978-0-13-608620-8, Chapter 11, Object and Object Relational Databases.