My SQL Server's instance name is SQLEXPRESS and SQL Server Service Name looks like MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS. Is there any relation between instance name and service name? I'm trying to check SQL Server Service Status by name and I wonder can SQL Server Service name be different on another computers?
- Sql-server – SQL Server – In Recovery
- Sql-server – How to change the instance name of SQL Server Express 2008
- Sql-server – Change SQL Server 2008 name
- Sql-server – How to fix SQL Server instances with different builds on same server
- Sql-server – SQL Server 2008 service keeps crashing
- Sql-server – SQL Server : cannot add subscriber to publication