I am currently working on migrating a legacy codebase from VB6 and Access to VB.NET and SQL Server. I have run the Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant successfully and populated a SQL server with all of our existing tables from access, and I am currently looking into completely removing access from the equation, but I still need it currently to run the queries so that they can be forwarded to SQL Server. Is there a way to send queries directly to SQL Server without needing to translate them all, such as some sort of translation plugin or service I can use?
migrationms accesssql serversql-server-2008
- Mysql – ETA: translate Oracle SQL queries to MySQL
- Sql-server – MS Migration Assistant (SSMA) index renamed
- Sql-server – Access Data stored in SQL Server
- Sql-server – Migrating SQL Server 2008 databases to new 2-node WSFC SQL2014 Alwayson AG
- Sql-server – Please confirm pre and post sql server instance migration steps