Learn English – Correct word for area inside and outside a property


My native language is Swedish. And I work as a webdeveloper. And at the moment I am working on a real estate website written in English.

A word that describes the area inside a property. For this I think the word "Living Area" is best (but please correct me if I am wrong). But what about a word that descibes the total area outside of the property (like, garden etc etc)?

Edit: I am looking for the word in US-EN.

Best Answer

With reference to your comment, I think you can use:

Ground (s) :

  • (often grounds) The land surrounding or forming part of a house or another building:

    • a guesthouse on the grounds of the mansion.

The Free Dictionary

enter image description here

Gardens and estate grounds.