I'm looking for a more formal expression or word that indicates failure to the extent that one would have to work very hard to achieve it. I'm aware of the idiom "epic fail" but I'm looking for something not as common, casual, or unkind. [Edit/question augmentation]: An example might be getting a negative score on a test for which a "zero" score was previously thought to be the worst outcome.
- Learn English – word to describe someone who keeps trying to do something but always fails
- Learn English – n English idiom for trying to do two things at the same time and failing at both of them due to splitting your effort
- Learn English – What’s a word for someone who wants to voice opinions but not have them challenged
- Learn English – a popular idiom for making a mistake that results in utter failure
- Learn English – Idiom for “dominate”
- Learn English – a word like “negate” but even worse