Could anyone tell me the literary term (if one exists) for using someone's own words against them in the future. For example, in The Merchant of Venice when Shylock states he wants to 'catch Antonio once upon the hip' and later Gratiano repeats this to Shylock as an insult.
- Learn English – Answering your own question
- Learn English – Term for sentences using multiple repeated words
- Learn English – A word or phrase for a non-military attack on a country’s home soil
- Learn English – Literary term for implied meaning
- Learn English – Which literary device is used in these Thoreau quotes
- Learn English – What does “queer” really mean these days