In a world where gender identity notation is important, we need gender-neutral words to refer to relatives. "Spouse," "sibling," and "nibling" (niece or nephew) are the only ones I know. Are there others? Should we invent some?
- Learn English – What happened to word gender in English
- Learn English – gender-neutral prefix for “parent”
- Learn English – Gender neutral term for “maiden name”
- Learn English – Gender-neutral alternative to “craftsmanship”
- Learn English – Gender Neutral Salutation /Honorific
- Learn English – What are the female and gender-neutral equivalents of ‘henpecked husband’