I was recently chastised at work for using the word "cool" in an email chain–an act that I attribute to being overly-formal for no other reason than to uphold an unnecessarily perceived "law" of formality. Is there an English word that would better describe this?
- Learn English – Looking for a word to describe the burden of initiating a task
- Learn English – concise word or phrase for the feeling of being unsure if someone is kidding
- Learn English – The state of being a vagabond
- Learn English – word or term to describe when someone focuses on a specific example, rather than the problem at large
- Learn English – What are the best words to describe subjects being compared