I have been using the setup section in Simscape to handle error checking for parameters/inputs upon initialization, but now it appears as though the setup section is no longer recommended. MathWorks suggests using assertions to handle errors (which I already use for dynamic variables/inputs), but it seems like extra/wasted computation cost to run assertions over and over for static parameters/inputs. Is it possible to use assertions in the parameters section of my .SSC file, or could this be added in a future release?
- Do I get an error when specifying a Simscape component parameter with same name as built-in Simulink parameter
- Simscape block parameter, change dynamically during simulation
- What data type does the “Parameterization” parameter of the Rod block expect
- Error compiling Simscape network for model: Number of variables exceeds number of equations.
- Translational Hydro-Mechanical Converter with variable area.
- How to use a parameter to include a block multiple times in a custom block