03.883GPPCall Barring (CB) supplementary servicesStage 2TS
The present document gives the stage 2 description of the call barring services.
The possibility for a mobile subscriber to have certain categories of calls barred originated from or terminated at his access:
Barring of outgoing calls (clause 1):
– Barring of all outgoing calls (BAOC) (Barring program 1);
– Barring of outgoing international calls (BOIC) (Barring program 2);
– Barring of outgoing international calls EXCEPT those directed to the home PLMN country
(BOIC-exHC) (Barring program 3).
Barring of incoming calls (clause 2):
– Barring of all incoming calls (BAIC) (Barring program 1);
– Barring of incoming calls when roaming outside the home PLMN country
(BIC-Roam) (Barring program 2).
NOTE: The call barring program "incoming calls when roaming outside the home PLMN country" (clause 2) is only relevant if as a general rule the called mobile subscriber pays the charges for the forwarded part of the call from his home PLMN country to any other country.
The following documents contain provisions which, through reference in this text, constitute provisions of the present document.
- References are either specific (identified by date of publication, edition number, version number, etc.) or non‑specific.
- For a specific reference, subsequent revisions do not apply.
- For a non-specific reference, the latest version applies.
- A non-specific reference to an ETS shall also be taken to refer to later versions published as an EN with the same number.
- For this Release 1998 document, references to GSM documents are for Release 1998 versions (version 7.x.y).
 GSM 01.04: "Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+); Abbreviations and acronyms".
 GSM 02.82: "Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+); Call Forwarding (CF) Supplementary Services ‑ Stage 1".
 GSM 03.11: "Digital cellular telecommunications system (Phase 2+); Technical realization of supplementary services".
Abbreviations used in the present document are listed in GSM 01.04.
0.3 Cross-Phase compatibility
For the following supplementary services, a number of changes exist between the present document and the Phase 1 specification:
– Barring of outgoing calls;
– Barring of incoming calls.
The main body of the present document assumes that all network entities comply with this version of the service. In each case an additional subclause (subclauses 1.6 and 2.6) defines the additional requirements for when one or more network entities or the MS complies with the Phase 1 specifications for the supplementary service procedures.