03.163GPPRelease 1998Subscriber data managementTS
The present document gives the stage 2 description of the subscriber data management handling between:
– the Home Location Register (HLR) and the Visitor Location Register (VLR);
– the Home Location Register (HLR) and the Serving GPRS Support Node (SGSN).
A number of procedures require updating of subscriber information:
– location updating;
– modification of data by the operator;
– modification of data by the subscriber via the Mobile Station (MS).
Updating of subscriber information from HLR to SGSN is required in the following situations:
– GPRS location updating;
– modification of data by the operator.
Only the rules for the updating of subscriber data from the HLR to the VLR and from the HLR to the SGSN are described in the present document. Public Land Mobile Network (PLMN) specific and Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) subscriber data are out of scope of the present document. The GPRS context update from the SGSN to the GGSN is out of scope of the present document.