3GPP51.010-1Mobile Station (MS) conformance specificationPart 1: Conformance specificationTS
20.19.2 Conformance requirement
1. When the SS releases a TCH or SDCCH and returns to idle mode, it shall, as quickly as possible camp on the BCCH carrier of the cell whose channel has just been released. If the full BCCH data for that cell was not decoded in the preceding 30 s, the MS shall then attempt to decode the full BCCH data. Until the MS has decoded the BCCH data required for determining the paging group, it shall also monitor all paging blocks on timeslot 0 of the BCCH carrier for possible paging messages that might address it. If the MS receives a page before having decoded the full BCCH data for the cell, the MS shall store the page and respond once the full BCCH data has been decoded, provided that the cell is not barred and the MSs access class is allowed. 3GPP TS 05.08, subclause 6.7.
20.19.3 Test purpose
1. To verify that on release of a TCH or an SDCCH, the MS camps as quickly as possible on the BCCH carrier of the cell whose channel has just been released.
NOTE: This is implicitly tested by the MS responding to a paging request. The decoding of BCCH data cannot be explicitly tested. However, the MS shall monitor for paging messages which may address it if it decodes the BCCH.
20.19.4 Method of test
188.8.131.52 Initial conditions
a) Parameters changed from default values in table 20.1.
RF Signal Level
(dBmV emf() / dBm)
53 / -60
33 / -80
RXLEV_ACCESS_MIN (dBmV emf() / dBm)
23 / -90
23 / -90
b) Carrier 1 is configured to have a combined control channel.
c) Carrier 2 is configured to have a non combined control channel.
184.108.40.206 Test procedure
a) The SS activates the carriers. No paging messages are transmitted on carrier 1 or carrier 2.
b) The MS is switched on.
c) In response to the MS access for IMSI attach, the SS allocates a combined SDDCH/4, accepts the IMSI attach procedure and then releases the link. After 0,5 s but within 1 second of transmitting the UA frame on completion of the IMSI attach procedure, the SS transmits a single PAGING REQUEST in the appropriate paging block of the MS on carrier 1.
d) When the MS responds to paging, the SS establishes a call on a traffic channel.
e) The SS increases the level of carrier 2 to 63 dBmV emf().
f) After 10 s the SS performs a handover to another TCH, with the parameters of carrier 2 indicated in the CELL DESCRIPTION information element of the HANDOVER COMMAND message.
g) After a further 10 s, the SS clears down the call. After 0,5 s but within 1 second of transmitting the UA frame, the SS transmits a single PAGING REQUEST on carrier 2 in the appropriate paging block of the MS.
20.19.5 Test requirements
1) After step b) the MS shall access in order to commence an IMSI attach procedure on carrier 1 within 33 s.
2) In step c), the MS shall respond to paging within 3 seconds of transmitting the PAGING REQUEST.
3) In step g), the MS shall respond to paging within 3 seconds of transmitting the PAGING REQUEST.