29.198-053GPPOpen Service Access (OSA) Application Programming Interface (API)Part 5: User interaction Service Capability Feature (SCF)Release 9TS
4.1 Generic and Call User Interaction SCF
The Generic User Interaction service capability feature is used by applications to interact with end users. It consists of three interfaces:
1) User Interaction Manager, containing management functions for User Interaction related issues.
2) Generic User Interaction, containing methods to interact with an end-user.
3) Call User Interaction, containing methods to interact with an end-user engaged in a call.
The Generic User Interaction service capability feature is described in terms of the methods in the Generic User Interaction interfaces.
The following table gives an overview of the Generic User Interaction methods and to which interfaces these methods belong.
Table 1: Overview of Generic User Interaction interfaces and their methods
User Interaction Manager
Generic User Interaction
The following table gives an overview of the Call User Interaction methods and to which interfaces these methods belong.
Table 2: Overview of Call User Interaction interfaces and their methods
User Interaction Manager
Call User Interaction
As defined for the Generic User Interaction SCF
Inherits from Generic User Interaction and adds:
The IpUI Interface provides functions to send information to, or gather information from the user, i.e. this interface allows applications to send SMS and USSD messages. An application can use this interface independently of other SCFs. The IpUICall Interface provides functions to send information to, or gather information from the user (or call party) attached to a call.
4.2 Generic User Interaction Administration SCF
The Generic User Interaction Administration service capability feature is used by application to interact with the service to manage the user announcement and recorded messages. It consists of one interface:
1) User Interaction Administration Manager, containing message management functions for User Interaction.
Table 3: Overview of Generic User Interaction Administration interfaces and their methods
User Interaction Administration Manager
4.3 Generic User Interaction SCF Design Aspects
The following clauses describe each aspect of the Generic User Interaction and Generic User Interaction Administration Service Capability Features (SCF).
The order is as follows:
- The Sequence diagrams give the reader a practical idea of how each of the SCFs is implemented.
- The Class relationships clause shows how each of the interfaces applicable to the SCF, relate to one another
- The Interface specification clause describes in detail each of the interfaces shown within the Class diagram part. This clause also includes Call User interaction.
- The State Transition Diagrams (STD) show the transition between states in the SCF. The states and transitions are well-defined; either methods specified in the Interface specification or events occurring in the underlying networks cause state transitions.
- The Data Definitions clause shows a detailed expansion of each of the data types associated with the methods within the classes. Note that some data types are used in other methods and classes and are therefore defined within the Common Data types part of this specification.
4.4 General requirements on support of methods
An implementation of this API which supports or implements a method described in the present document, shall support or implement the functionality described for that method, for at least one valid set of values for the parameters of that method.
Where a method is not supported by an implementation of a Service interface, the exception P_METHOD_NOT_SUPPORTED shall be returned to any call of that method.
Where a method is not supported by an implementation of an Application interface, a call to that method shall be possible, and no exception shall be returned.