29.5183GPP5G SystemAccess and Mobility Management ServicesRelease 16Stage 3TS
This service enables an NF to communicate with the UE through N1 NAS messages or with the AN (both UE and non UE specific). The service operations defined below allow the NF to communicate with the UE and the AN. The following are the key functionalities of this NF service.
– Provide service operations for transporting N1 messages to the UE;
– Allow NFs to subscribe and unsubscribe for notifications of specific N1 messages from the UE;
– Allow NFs to subscribe and unsubscribe for notifications about specific information from AN;
– Provide service operations for initiating N2 messages towards the AN;
– Security Context Management; and
– UE information management and transfer (including its security context).