03.713GPPFunctional descriptionLocation Services (LCS)Release 1999Stage 2TS
The procedures in this section are applicable to any Type A LMU and may be used for any Type B LMU to enable control of the LM by its associated SMLC. The procedures assume support for the establishment of a signaling link and the transfer of LLP messages between an SMLC and LMU that are defined in section 7.8. Consequently, details of signaling link establishment and message transfer by an intermediate MSC, BSC and BTS are not shown.
7.9.1 Reset Procedure
The reset procedure enables an SMLC to return an LMU to a known initial state in which no measurement or O&M operations are outstanding or being performed.
Figure 46: Reset Procedure for a Circuit Mode LMU
1) After first establishing a signaling connection to the LMU (see section 7.8), the SMLC sends an LLP Reset Invoke to the LMU via an intermediate MSC and/or BSC.
2) The LMU cancels any LCS measurement and O&M tasks previously ordered by the SMLC. The LMU then returns an LLP Reset Return Result to the SMLC.
7.9.2 Status Query Procedure
The Status Query procedure enables an SMLC to verify the status of an associated LMU. The procedure may be instigated periodically or following any loss of communication with the LMU.
Figure 47: Status Query Procedure for a Circuit Mode LMU
1) After first establishing a signaling connection to the LMU (see section 7.8), the SMLC sends an LLP Status Query Invoke to the LMU via an intermediate MSC and/or BSC.
2) The LMU returns an LLP Status Query return result, indicating the number of active measurement jobs for each type of measurement (e.g. RIT, TOA) and the number of active O&M jobs in the LMU that were previously ordered by the SMLC.
7.9.3 Status Update Procedure
The Status Update procedure enables an LMU to report status information to its associated SMLC. For a Type A LMU with an associated NSS based SMLC, instigation of the procedure also provides the SMLC with the identity of the MSC currently serving the LMU. The procedure may be instigated for the following reasons:
2. Power-on condition or recovery from failure with loss of memory
3. Impending availability or unavailability for O&M reasons
4. Location Update by a Type A LMU in a new Location Area.
Figure 48: Status Update Procedure for a Circuit Mode LMU
1) After first establishing a signaling connection to the SMLC (see section 7.8), the LMU sends an LLP Status Update Invoke to the SMLC via an intermediate MSC and/or BSC. This message shall include the reason for the Status Update, the number of active and outstanding jobs of each category in the LMU and the current hardware status.
2) The SMLC returns an LLP Status Update return result to acknowledge receipt of the Status Update.