22.1123GPPRelease 8Stage 1TSUSIM Application Toolkit (USAT) Interpreter
7.1 End-to-end security
The USAT Interpreter shall provide means for end-to-end security between the Content System and the USAT Interpreter based on symmetric algorithms and/or asymmetric algorithms.
End-to-end security shall include means for:
– Key management / key generation
– Certificate management
– Selection of algorithms and security features
– Integrity of the content
– Integrity of message sequence
– Confidentiality of message contents
– Authentication / Signing of messages
– Authentication of the user
– Mechanisms against replay attacks
All mechanisms may be combined.
7.2 Location services
The USAT Interpreter shall provide means to support Location Services by providing an interface to the Provide Local Information command as defined in TS 31.111  (see clause 5.5).
The location information shall be provided to the application system in a tbd.
7.3 Event driven services
The USAT Interpreter shall provide means to react on events monitored by the ME or the USIM. The following events shall be supported:
– all events defined in 3GPP TS 31.111 .
– USAT initialisation procedure as defined in TS 102 221 .
– Timer expiration as defined in 3GPP TS 31.111 .
On occurrence of an event the USAT Interpreter shall run locally stored translated applications (USAT Interpreter low level command set).
The USAT Interpreter shall provide means to setup and clear the list of monitored events and modify which locally stored translated applications to run, when the event occurs.
Locally stored translated applications to run, when the event occurs, shall be downloaded by the Administration Protocol as described in clause 6.4.
Push messages contain an incoming page addressed to the USAT Interpreter containing low level commands to be executed. Push is initiated by the Application system and not by a user action.
The USAT Interpreter shall support the following two use cases:
– immediate execution of the received Push;
– delayed execution of the received Push.
The USAT Interpreter may reject a Push, when not able to execute or store it.
7.5 Cell Broadcast
A low level command set can be received via cell broadcast messages.
For cell broadcast messages containing low level command sets the USAT Interpreter shall provide:
– means to execute the received low level command set;
– separate security mechanisms;
– separate configuration parameters.
Annex A (informative):
Version 2.0.0 was approved at TSG-T #11
At TSG-T #13, it was agreed that TS 22.112 should be withdrawn from rel-4 and reissued as part of Rel-5. This is a consequence of the decision to have the other specifications necessary for this feature (TSs 31.112, 31.113, 31.114) in Rel-5 rather that Rel-4 as originally planned. The contents of version 4.0.0 and 5.0.0 are technically identical.
Upgrade to Rel-6
Ugrade to Rel-7 version (MCC)
Ugrade to Rel-8 + addition of LTE logo