I have a relatively simple wireless network setup. The access point is an Asus RT-AC68U which supports 802.11ac. I have two USB wireless adapters: both are Asus USB-AC53's which also support 802.11ac.
- Computer A is no more than 8 feet away from the access point, through one wall.
- Computer B is no more than 25 feet away from the access point, through two walls.
These walls are normal: wood, insulation, etc.
- Computer A will never transmit higher than 100Mbps on 5GHz 802.11ac.
- Computer B will never transmit higher than 45Mbps on 5GHz 802.11ac.
- Both computers will easily transmit over 150Mbps on 2.4GHz 802.11n.
Needless to say I've spent a lot of money on this new equipment and would like some advice before I start smashing it.
Yes, I've checked for the security: WPA2-Personal (AES)
I've attempted to adjust channels, channel bandwidth, with no avail.