Is EFI booting something hardware specific? I have a desktop motherboard with a UEFI Bios, but I can only boot from USB drives in "UEFI" mode. Both the DVD drive and the HDD's (a RAID 0 array) boot only on legacy mode. Do the HDDs need to have a GPT partition table in order for them to boot in UEFI mode?
- Installing Win 7 To GPT and Why My UEFI Mobo Won’t Boot From CD Unless In Legacy Mode
- Windows – Do (USB) drives need a master boot record to boot in UEFI mode
- Configuring UEFI dual BIOS to boot from SSD and access a secondary HDD
- What exactly is “UEFI with CSM” boot mode
- Does booting work in pairs like legacy/MBR, EFI/GPT, BIOS/MBR, EUFI/GPT