Will a process switch between different cores to increase performance? If the process does jump between cores, which components are shared across cores? L1-L3 cache, registers or memory?
- Difference Between Cores and Processors
- Difference between cache memory and register
- Is the cache size or number of cores more important when weighing CPU performance
- L2 and L3 Cache Difference
- When is CPU cache flushed back to main memory
- What does L4 cache hold on some CPUs
- Can one core perform several operations/instructions during one tick (because core has different execution units)