There seems to be a difference in the behavior of relative links in Excel 2013 from Excel 2010.
What I'm experiencing in Excel 2013 is the following:
- If the option 'Save external link values' is checked, then links in formulas are always saved as absolute, rather than relative links.
- To get a relative link, it is not only necessary to uncheck this option, it's necessary to uncheck it before the workbook is ever saved.
- When a new workbook is created, the option is checked by default
So what I'd like to know is the following:
- Is all of what I've just described expected behavior for Excel 2013?
- Is any of it dependent on version of Excel 2013 or environment?
- Is there any way to change the default value of 'Save external link values' for new workbooks? (It'd be useful to get an answer to this, even if it's 'no').
I'd also be grateful for anybody who has Excel 2013 installed and just wants to confirm whether they see the same behavior on their own machine, even if they don't know the answers to those questions.