I'd like to buy a bluetooth adapter to hook up game-console controllers to my PC. However, I need to know if I can play 4-player games with 4 controllers using only one adapter, or if I need to buy four.
The Internet is filled with conflicting information:
- All Bluetooth adapters can support 7 devices, period. (source)
- You can hook up 7 devices, but only if they're all different types of devices. (source)
- You can hook up unlimited devices, no restrictions. (source – a Bluetooth Dongle tech-support)
- Only devices that support "multipoint functionality" can have multiple hooked up at once, and the choice of adapter doesn't make a difference. (source)
- Only Bluetooth 4.1 adapters support multiple devices. (source)
- You can only use one device per Bluetooth adapter. (source)
So, can I I hook up multiple controllers or not? Also, can I hook up (say) two PS3 and two PS4 simultaneously?
Please answer with credible sources, to distinguish from all the above hearsay.