I've just finished installing Internet Explorer 9 on my Windows 7 32-bit machine. It appeared to complete okay, with no errors or warnings in the event logs.
However when I try to run Internet Explorer 9, the window opens, the blue loading circle spins, "not responding" appears, then the window shuts without anything appearing in the browser window.
My machine is a decent spec, and I've had no problems with Internet Explorer 8, or any other browser before.
Here are the things I've tried which didn't help:
- Installing Internet Explorer 9 via Windows Update, instead of manually
- Running in "no add-ons" mode
- Disabling all add-ons manually
- Running the OS in safe mode
- Temporarily disabling firewall/antivirus
- Resetting Internet Explorer settings in "Internet Properties"
- Ticking "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" in "Internet Properties"
- Re-registering dlls
- Running program as administrator
- Installing Service Pack 1
- Installing all critical/important Windows updates
- Logging into Windows as different user
- Downloading the installer using a different machine (in case installer was corrupt)
I am now officially out of ideas. Anyone have any more?
Ok. It looks like we might be getting somewhere. I have run procmon, as suggested by ccpizza. Here's the result when I try running IE9. It's full of "Name not found" and "Path not found" errors. Why they're happening- I don't know.