My laptop battery has finally taken the plunge and I'm looking online for a new one. However I'm getting lost in all of the specs of the batteries that are out there. I'm looking to gain a better understanding of what effect each spec has on the overall life of the battery (meaning length of hours that I can operate on battery power).
Some questions I have:
- What do Watts equate to?
- What do mAh (milli Amp hours) really mean?
- Does voltage have an effect on the life of the battery? (I understand that laptops can support multiple voltage types reference)
- Do 9 cell battery have a greater battery life than that of 6 cells. If so, by how much?
Give to me what I should look for in a battery that will affect the battery life the greatest. Some questions I have in this regard:
- Are Watts or mAh are the greatest factors to look for, or if it's a combination of the two, or something else entirely different.
- How much difference is there between two values of the factors (i.e. 4800 mAh vs. 7200 mAh)
It doesn't have to be these exact numbers and in fact I don't want specifics but rather a general rule of thumb
I am NOT looking for "This is the best battery to buy" or "This is the best company to buy from". I am NOT looking for just links to websites that I have to sift through. If you post a link, please summarize what it says. I AM looking for a greater understanding of the technology behind it.