I'm a CS student and currently taking a (basic) course in information security. I was given an assignment which required me to analyse a given .pcap file using Wireshark and obtain information on the host's IP address, browser, router's MAC address etc. One of the questions required me to determine the IP address of the DNS server which the host uses, but I'm not sure how to do that. I've seen websites that tell you how to find the IP address of the DNS server used by your own router, but how do we find the IP address of the DNS server another person uses, given that we know the MAC address of his or her router?
- How to find out DNS server IP used by the router
- Mac – How to find out the Mac Address Firefox submits for Geolocation
- MacOS – How to check what DNS server I’m using (on Mac OS X)
- Mac – How to find MAC address of a machine in the network
- Networking – No internet connection with “Obtain DNS server address automatically” IPv4 settings
- Networking – Cascading Routers (LAN to WAN) and DNS
- NETGEAR DGN2200v2 router’s DNS server not working properly