Mac – n “LFD” key on the keyboard


Emacs uses keybindings with "LFD", the Emacs FAQ provides the following information:

LFD: Linefeed or Newline; same as `C-j'

Is there a Linefeed button on my keyboard (other than C-j)?

Best Answer

  • Don't think so. In your keyboard, probably, you have only the "return", "enter" key. There's no linefeed in regular IBM-PC keyboard.

    In windows you can use the Shift + Enter to mean a linefeed: