I have a zip file that contains another type of archive (in this case, a jee app server WAR file, but this happens with other contained archive types as well). When I unzip the zip file, instead of presenting me with the contained .war file, the war file is decompressed as well. Is there a way around this? I've tried with 'The Unarchiver', 'Archive Utility', and the command line 'unzip' utility.
- Macos – Extract large zip file (50 GB) on Mac OS X
- How to troubleshoot if a zip file is valid or if it is big file size to be unzipped
- Cannot open large concatenated zip file with unzip, though it opened fine with Archive Utility, get a central directory error
- Macos – Mac OS: Unable to expand zip file
- MAC OSX: How to unzip password protected .zip file
- Not enough disk space to unzip 50 GB file on Ubuntu 16.04: Can I extract and reduce zip file size at the same time