Very simple problem: I am trying to hook up a laptop to a projector via a Mini DisplayPort to VGA connector, however it just doesn't work at all.
Where this gets odd is:
- This all works to the second monitor on my desk – thus the Mini DisplayPort, OS/Drivers & adapter are working.
- This all works if I take the VGA cable from the monitor and plug in the projector directly this would imply a cable issue to the projector.
- Other laptops work with the normal monitor VGA cable albeit without the adapter, seems to eliminate a catastrophic the cable issue.
- There are no pins missing from the projector cable.
- The projector is pushing out the plug & play info.
- Tried on a second projector with similar config and same issue occurs.
This leads me to think an issue exists between the combination of the adapter & cable. The only key difference I can see between the screen cable & the projectors cable is length (projector cable is much longer) but still within the 15m.
The question I have is how to get this working?
If you have next steps in troubleshooting, I would love to hear those too.
Laptop is a Dell XPS 17
Adapter is an Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter
Second screen is a Samsung SyncMaster 732N
Projector is an Epson EMP-83
Second projector is an Epson EH-TW6000
OS is Windows 8
Tried with a hama Mini Display Port to VGA adapter and same issues