So I just built myself a reasonably beefy computer, and I installed Windows 7 on it. However, I start the machine up each morning and within a few minutes, the computer will semi hang.
That is the mouse is responsive, and most of the time I can open task manager, or a new tab in Chrome. Occasionally windows will be labelled as 'Not responding'.
Then, the machine will get over it's problem, and will be nice and quick until I turn it off.
Here's my specs:
- CPU: AMD Phenom-II X4 955 Black (Quad Core, 3.2ghz)
- RAM: 4GB of DDR3 1300
- MOBO: ASUS M4A785T-M (Latest BIOS)
- HARD DRIVES: 2x1TB Western Digital Caviar Blacks in RAID-0.
- OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
- GPU: ASUS GT240 1GB.
I believe this issue relates to the RAID array, as I didn't have the lockup problem before I created the array. I purchased a second drive and reformatted after creating a RAID array, since the single drive was a little on the pokey side (compared to the rest of the computer).
What I have tried:
- Updated Raid Drivers
- Malware checks
- Windows Updates
- Unecessary Services
- CPU and Disk activity appears to be low (via Resource Monitor)
- No strange errors in the error log.