My laptop no longer charges while turned on.
Lenovo Y50-Y70 UHD 59425943
While computer is off:
- Plugged in (before reset trick): No LEDs or charge.
- Plugged in (after reset trick): Computer charges fine, LED showing charging
While Computer is ON:
- Plugged in (immediate): No charge, No LEDS
- Plugged in (after about 3 mins): No Charging, LEDs all blinking in sync.
Things I've tried that didn't work:
- New battery
- Reseating the RAM
- New A/C Adapter
- Uninstalling the AC Adapter and Battery drivers in Windows, and reinstalling Lenovo's Power Management program.
Things I tried that helped:
- I tried removing the battery and AC adapter and pressing the power button 10x at 1 second intervals then holding the power button for 30 seconds. (this resets the power in the capacitors and resets something in the BIOS I have heard). It used to never charge, even while turned off. Now it charges while turned off, but not while turned on.
Wondering what part of the computer must be broken? I know this has an advanced power management features, including a battery with it's own firmware, but everything seems to be set up correctly on those settings.