For no reason I can determine, all of Office 2007 and Visual Studio 2008 have started running in what looks like 256 colour mode on my (up to date) Windows XP machine:
Other apps: Firefox, IE8, VS2005, Start Menu etc are fine.
I cannot seem to be able to get it working properly, I have tried/checked:
- Shortcuts have default properties (No "run in 256 color" or compatibility options are set)
- Problem still exists when apps launched in office safe mode
- "High Contrast" in display settings is not set
- Windows is using the correct video drivers
- No errors in Office Diagnostics
- No errors in event log
- Flipping the Office theme/Windows theme makes no difference
I've seen a few reports of this via Google, but no definitive fix. (The SMS Mirror driver fix doesn't apply to me).
(I have 2 monitors running off an Nvidia Quadro NVS 440 using the latest drivers)
Any suggestions appreciated!