We have a
- TP-Link (TD-W8951ND) Modem Router : Internet Connection from BSNL, India.
- D-Link DES-1024D 24-Port Switch : 16 Computers connected and we have a local site running which will be accessed from all these 16 computers. (IP Addresses ranging from 10.0.0.100 to 10.0.0.116. Computer IP from where we are serving the local site is : 10.0.0.100).
Now We want to share the internet connection to all the 16 computers.
What I already tried :
- Used a crossover network cable to connect Router and Switch : Nothing happened. Moreover the lights either in the Modem or the Switch are not blinking.
- Also tried with Normal network cable. But same as above. Nothing happened.
- I checked the D-Link's switch manual and they wrote that it automatically detects crossover or something like that. But nothing happened in any of the above two steps.
Could you please suggest how I can proceed to make sure that all the above 16 computers can access the internet from the TP-Link modem? or at least any links to online resources.