After some automatic updates (or being hacked?) I have many things broken and a huge problem to resolve them since I can't login as root anymore.
- ssh admin: login success
- su root: permission denied (probably not the same password)
What I have tried:
- read log: but permission denied
- use 'synopass' and empty password: failed
- use synouser: permission denied
- change password of admin hoping it will update the root password: failed.
- check the root user in /etc/passwd: he is ok (with ash)
- restart all the server: failed
I have no idea what is going on. Any advice?