I'm using WinXP, and I notice that in the Task Manager, on the Performance tab my CPU usage is 100%. But When I go to the Processes tab, and sort by CPU System Idle Process is taking up 90%. I've double checked that things like AVG anti-virus isn't actively scanning, and that jkdefrag is not defragging. But I know something is taking CPU cycles, because the machine is very slow. How do I determine which process is hammering the CPU if it doesn't show in the Process List?
cpu usagetask-managerwindows xp
- Windows – What does it really mean when CPU usage is 0% in the Windows Task Manager
- Windows – does the CPU Usage reach 100% too often
- Windows – Root cause for high CPU usage; which measurement to trust more: Windows Task Manager or Process Explorer
- Windows – Task Manager shows higher total CPU usage than the sum of all running processes. Hidden process
- Windows – CPU Constantly at 100% In Task Manager, But Not in Process Explorer