I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I tried installing Visual Studio 2017 professional on my pc and I get the following error:
Couldn't install Microsoft.VisualC.Redist.12
I have tried:
- Giving full permissions on both x86 and x64 executables\ and rerun the installation without success
- With full permissions and an administrator account running the files outside the installer but I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file"
- Deleting the folders in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Packages\Microsoft.VisualC.Redist.12* and repairing multiple times without success.
- Complete uninstall and reinstall without success
- Completely removed my antivirus application and tried all of the above steps without success
- I have repeated the same steps with the installer of vs2019 and I get the same error
Please let me know if you need any further details.
Package ‘Microsoft.VisualC.Redist.12,version=12.0.30501,chip=x86’ failed to install. Search URL https://aka.ms/VSSetupErrorReports?q=PackageId=Microsoft.VisualC.Redist.12;PackageAction=Install;ReturnCode=-2147467259 Details Return code: -2147467259 Return code details: Access is denied
Any help would be greatly appreciated!