Ive been trying to install VS 2017 for a long time no but without success. When I run the installer I have to click continue and after that it just repeats the same process (downloading, verifying, downloading, verifying etc) till I get the error
Unable to download installation files. Check your internet connection and try again.
Ive tried many solutions which Ive stumbled upon. Here's the ones that ive tried:
- Disabling all anti virus programs & firewall
- Changing my DNS to Google's servers (18.104.22.168)
- Try to use the –noweb option while starting the setup file.
- Install the certificates from the setup file (right-click the exe > Properties > Digital Signatures, select the signature > Details > View certificate > Install certificate)
- Check if "CNG key isolation" is running: no, not running. Is this a problem?
- I am perfectly able to install vs_installer.opc from this link
Did the following method:
1: Fire up run, type "gpedit.msc" 2: Brows to the following location: "Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Internet Communication Management>Internet Communication settings" then find the entry "Turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update" and open her up and set it to "Disabled". 3: Get Windows to check for updates, it will appear to do nothing (unless of course you need to actually need download updates, in which case you'll have to update, sorry!). 4: Now try running the installer again, this fixed the issue completely and allowed Visual Studio to install without any warnings or issues.
Did all the Windows updates
- Tried installing with a VPN
- Tried to install the offline version (without success, same story)
- Tried both VS 2017 community/enterprise and vs_buildtools.exe, all have the same error.
Someone that can help me out? Im getting really frustrated. Ive reinstalled windows like 2-3 months ago and on the previous install I was able to install VS without any problem.