When I play a YouTube video on my computer, it seems to play fine, but the whole video is black. This happens only when I play the video in Firefox.
I'm using Windows 8.1
What I did so far:
- Restarting Firefox
- Reloading the page with Ctrl+F5
- Seeking back and forth in a video
- Playing different videos, with and without playlist
- Cleaning the cache, cookies, history and everything else…
- Updating Firefox to the latest version
- Disabling all extensions
- Deactivating all plugins
- Opening the video in a private window
Still the same…
I don't want to restart my PC or uninstall and reinstall Firefox, there must be a way around that.
And before I forget:
- The video ads are black too.
- HTML5 videos on other websites work fine.
- I can see all the thumbnails of the video when moving the mouse over the seek bar.
- The videos are not opening in Flash player through the browser – they are the HTML5 versions