I currently have a 1TB HDD setup to dual boot Win7 and Ubuntu 12.04. I am purchasing a 256GB SSD and another 1TB HDD. My intentions are as follows:
- Setup the SSD as my dual boot device with Adobe CS6 and my other major programs.
- Maintain my existing HDD as Storage only.
- Install new 1TB HDD as an internal backup.
Is there an article or guide that covers the following:
- Backing up all partitions
- Migrating all partitions to boot SSD
- Formatting and partitioning HDD to facilitate file storage from both Win7 and Ubuntu
- Re-pointing Ubuntu Music, Pictures, Documents and Downloads to storage device. I have this covered for Windows.
- Restoring personal files from backup
I have a fair idea of what I need to do but I don't want to botch the migration as it is my work machine. Any tips would be much appreciated.