I would like to customize Ubuntu live CD by installing some additional packages. I have followed this but it doesn't seems to work. Can anyone provide clear instructions?
Note: I do not prefer Remastersys, manual way will be appreciated.
Packages that I want to install:
Changes that I need:
- Remove Games menu from the Application menu
- Firefox shortcut on Desktop
- Radiance as the default Theme
- Different default Ubuntu Wallpaper
Configuration file changes
- I want the panel to be placed at the bottom
- I want to paste my Samba configuration file instead of default Samba configuration
- I have few Firefox shortcuts and folders I would like to show that in Desktop
- Also it will be nice if you say me how to change the icon sets
I have customized Ubuntu 10.10 with Firefox shortcuts and few folders on desktops. Everything went smooth. But the installer gets crashes after choosing the timezone. How do i fix this issue?
Also setting wallpaper affects the login screen. The wallpaper which i set is displayed on the login screen also. I just want the default one for the login screen.