I used to install my servers with LVM over software RAID1, and grub install on the MBR of both drives. Now I have an UEFI server, and the compatibility (BIOS) mode does not seem to work.
So I went the way of installing with UEFI.
First test, single drive installation works fine.
Then I tried to install with RAID1 + LVM.
I partionned my two drives the same way:
- an EFI system partition, 200MB
- a physical RAID partition
Then I did setup:
– a RAID 1 using both disks RAID partitions
– a LVM volume group on the RAID 1 array
– three logical volumes: /, /home and swap
The installation went on, but on reboot, I get a grub shell and I am stuck.
So, is it possible to have grub2-efi work on LVM over RAID1 ? What is the way to achieve this ? Are there other bootloader alternatives (direct linux loading from EFI ??) ? etc…