I know this is a dejavu but let me please explain my problem.
When booting 13.04 installation media EFI mode get to a black screen with Grub version 2.00-l3ubuntu3 version appears after selecting "install" or "try Ubuntu", there appear error messages:
– failure reading sector … from 'cd0'
– you need to load the kernel first
- I have a Dell Vostro 3560 with Windows 8.
- I have downloaded and burned ubuntu-13.04-desktop-amd64.iso. Hashes checked.
- I've booted from the dvd with Secure Boot enabled.
- The same happens when Secure Boot is disable.
- When booting with Legacy BIOS, installation starts.
I tried Ubuntu without installing and looks OK. BUT, I did not follow the installation because in https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFI#Converting_Ubuntu_into_EFI_mode there appears "if the other systems (Windows Vista/7/8, GNU/Linux…) of your computer are installed in EFI mode, then you must install Ubuntu in EFI mode too.", which is the case in my computer.
I have read many similar questions and the corresponding answers from people in this forum, but till now I haven't found a solution.
Could someone help me on this subject?
Thanks in advance!