I wanted to use ubuntu with the nvidia driver on my new computer but as soon as I start to use the proprietary nvidia driver everything on the screen freeze very briefly every 500 ms. I noticed when I switch to tty that the command line is flickering.
My config :
- CPU : Ryzen 7 2700x
- GPU : GTX 1070
- RAM : 16 Gb (Overclocked to 3200 MHz)
- STORAGE :
- / on a M.2
- /home on a Old Hard drive
output of " lspci -k | grep -EA3 '3D|Display|VGA' " :
0a:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP104 [GeForce GTX 1070] (rev a1) Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd GP104 [GeForce GTX 1070] Kernel driver in use: nvidia Kernel modules: nvidiafb, nouveau, nvidia_drm, nvidia
I tried (with 0 effect) :
- switching distro : pop os (with preinstalled nvidia driver), manjaro, debian, linux mint
- installing driver using different method : (with the .run, using graphical-driver ppa, driver manager)
- installing different driver ( 340 – 390 – 435 – 440 )
Sync to VBlank
Force Full Composition Pipeline
nvidia "Timer" : Thermal monitor, powerMinimizer monitor, Memory Used
Changing monitor frequency both in nvidia-setting and ubundu display settings
I tried Windows 10 with the latest nvidia driver and it works well.
Thank you in advance for your help.