I have a 4.1 GB USB drive that has become unusable now. It previously had a Live version of Ubuntu 14.04 on it. I tried formatting it a couple of times through different techniques on GParted and the Disks Utility. None of them worked properly
Gparted would tell me that a Partition Table was required. When I tried creating a partition table, it would give me a I/O error. When I tried the Discs utility, I would get a 'No Media Found' error.
I tried using the Ignore option on GParted tool.
Now whenever I start GParted, I get a error popup saying
Input/output error during read on /dev/sdc
The Window is titled "Libparted Bug Found!"
sdc is the USB drive.